Waikiki is approximately 9 miles from the Honolulu International Airport. Taxis and shuttle service are available outside the baggage claim areas, but a rental car is the easiest way to enjoy scenic Hawai‘i.
From the airport:
- Take Nimitz Highway east to Waikiki.
- Near downtown, Nimitz becomes Ala Moana Boulevard.
- Continue on Ala Moana into Waikiki and turn RIGHT onto Kalakaua Avenue.
- Get into the left lane on Kalakaua, within two blocks, so that you can bear LEFT at the triangle park onto Kuhio Avenue.
- After a few short blocks on Kuhio, turn LEFT onto Seaside Avenue and LEFT on Aloha Drive.
- The check-in office is on the right-hand side.
The two Aloha Towers high-rise buildings are a half block from the check-in office – the Diamond Head Tower is across the street at 2215 Aloha Drive and the Ewa Tower is at 430 Lewers. Waikiki Skytower is located a few blocks away at 2410 Cleghorn Street.
Diamond Head Tower: